Flash on English
Beginner to Advanced - Common European Framework: A1-C1
L. Prodromou with P. Prodromou, A. Cowan, R. Elliott
A motivating, six-level, carefully graded English course providing thorough grammar, vocabulary and skills work through content interesting for teenagers and young adults. The Beginner and Advanced levels are the latest additions to the course. The combination of clear, easy-to-use printed, digital and online materials and the particular attention paid to the needs of mixed ability classes and different learning styles make Flash on English readily adaptable to any teaching situation.
• Double linguistic input in each unit: double-page presentations of target language through realistic, graded texts and dialogues.
• Vocabulary building and practice of language functions through guided, freer and ‘personalised’ communicative activities.
• Clear explanation and practice of grammar points in each unit.
• Grammar Reference section with rules and examples at the end of each book.
• Flash on Skills: the four language skills approached through different content: cultures of the English-speaking world (Culture); cross-curricular material (CLIL); simple literary texts, both prose and verse (Literature).
• Special sections at each level
• Flash on Culture;
• Starter Unit reviewing essential grammar, functions and vocabulary;
• Starter Workout: optional booklet with further expansion:
• Flash on Reading: extensive reading and comprehension activities;
• Flash on CLIL;
• Word building, Writing reference;
• Flash on Culture.
• Unit-by-unit grammar reference and further practice to fix target structures.
• Revision and consolidation activities for listening, reading and writing.
• Recordings of all Workbook listening material.
• Irregular verb tables.
• Functions files (Pre-Intermediate).
• Useful expressions and phrasal verb lists (Intermediate).
• Topic vocabulary list for Cambridge English: First (Upper Intermediate).
• Introduction to the methodology.
• Extensive unit-by-unit teaching notes.
• Suggestions for further activities.
• Teaching techniques for mixed-ability classes.
• Full answer keys to all exercises and activities.
• Transcriptions of all recordings.
Tests and Resources
• Extra, photocopiable materials.
• Battery of tests: entry, per unit, revision, skills.
• Editable tests in Word® format allow adaptation to the class’s interests, needs and level.
• Recordings for listening tests.
• Containing all the material in interactive format for use on the Interactive Whiteboard or computer to make learning English more stimulating with ‘heads-up’ interactive lessons.
• Link to online user’s guide.
Online Teacher’s Resources
• More on Skills: further skills practice through culture, CLIL and literature-based worksheets.
• All recorded material in MP3 format.
Access digital content directly from the paper book
With ELI LINK you will be able to access all audio and video content directly from a smartphone or tablet while you are using your paper textbook.
The digital book is available on Eli Digital Hub platform.
Find out how to activate your book.
Extra Digital Resources - Student
More on Skills
More on Skills
Extra Digital Resources - Teacher
Flash on English - Digital Book Advanced
Flash on English - Digital Book Beginner
Flash on English - Digital Book Elementary
Flash on English - Digital Book Intermediate
Flash on English - Digital Book Pre-Intermediate
Flash on English - Digital Book Upper Intermediate
Flash on English - Student's Book Advanced
Flash on English - Student's Book Beginner
Flash on English - Student's Book Elementary
Flash on English - Student's Book Intermediate
Flash on English - Student's Book Pre-Intermediate
Flash on English - Student's Book Upper Intermediate
Flash on English - Teacher’s Pack Advanced
Flash on English - Teacher’s Pack Beginner
Flash on English - Teacher’s Pack Elementary
Flash on English - Teacher’s Pack Intermediate
Flash on English - Teacher’s Pack Pre-Intermediate
Flash on English - Teacher’s Pack Upper Intermediate
Flash on English - Workbook Advanced + Audio-CD
Flash on English - Workbook Beginner + Audio-CD
Flash on English - Workbook Elementary + Audio CD
Flash on English - Workbook Intermediate + Audio CD
Flash on English - Workbook Pre-Intermediate + Audio CD
Flash on English - Workbook Upper Intermediate + Audio CD
Digital EditionAdvanced Student's Book
Digital EditionBeginner Student's Book
Digital EditionElementary Student's Book
Digital EditionIntermediate Student's Book
Digital EditionPre-Intermediate Student's Book
Digital EditionUpper-Intermediate Student's Book
These products might also interest you
Little Lord Fauntleroy
Stage 2 Pre-Intermediate | 800 headwords | A2 | Flyers/Key | Classic
Frances Hodgson Burnett
The Secret Passage
Stage 4 - Young ELI Readers - below A2
Paloma Bellini – Illustrated by Luigi Raffaelli
The Secret Garden
Stage 2 - Teen ELI Readers - below A2
Frances Hodgson Burnett - Illustrated by Philip Giordano
Karaoke, cartoons and documentaries
Elementary to Intermediate - Common European Framework of Reference A2-B1
Janet Borsbey and Ruth Swan